Emerging Science Programs
The Atlanta Chapter of the Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association (AFCEA) believes strongly in the need to grow scientists and engineers to provide our nation and our military a “force multiplier” and to decrease reliance on scientists and engineers from outside our great country.
It is in this spirit that we have established the Emerging Sciences Program which offers grants that support innovative Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) activities in Georgia’s Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, and High Schools. Activities that qualify as Emerging Science Programs include:
- LEGO MINDSTORMS
- LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT
- Jr. FIRST LEGO League
- FIRST LEGO League
- FIRST Tech Challenge
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Field Trips to the National Science Center in Augusta, GA (http://www.nscdiscovery.org/)
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center Starlab Planetarium (http://www.spacecamp.com/educators/outreach/starlab/)
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center Traveling Classroom (http://www.spacecamp.com/educators/outreach/classrooms/)
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center Build-A-Shuttle (http://www.spacecamp.com/educators/outreach/buildshuttle/
For additional information please contact one of our Assistant VPs of Emerging Science Programs, Mr. Gerald J. Baron at firstname.lastname@example.org (678) 597-0560 or Mr. Brian Edholm at email@example.com (770) 342-9849 or our VP Scholastic Programs, Mr. Mitchell L. Abel at Kfirstname.lastname@example.org (770) 432-2295.